Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in cheese and chives.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Cut into strips; serve warm.
1 piece: 150 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.