- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, undrained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Stir in the soup, bean sprouts, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in rice and water chestnuts.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; stir in peas and sprinkle with noodles. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes longer.
1 cup: 461 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1233mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.