Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the vegetables, chickpeas, potatoes, cream and Italian seasoning. Divide mixture among 4 ungreased 10-oz. ramekins.
- Unroll crust; divide into 4 portions. Roll out each portion to fit ramekins; place crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in crust. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
1 potpie: 680 calories, 39g fat (20g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1518mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 9g fiber), 11g protein.