- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine 4 tablespoons flour, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Coat chicken with flour, then dip into egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining, salt and pepper; stir in broth until smooth. Add apple juice to the skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in lemon juice; cook for 1 minute. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir until butter is melted. Serve with chicken.
1 each: 542 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 329mg cholesterol, 1670mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.