Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 450°. Flatten chicken to an even thickness. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil and 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine rosemary, sage, salt, pepper and remaining butter. Unroll crusts; cut each into a 9-in. square (discard scraps). Place a chicken breast half on each square; spread chicken with butter mixture. Fold crust over chicken. Trim off excess crust; pinch seams to seal.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with egg. Bake until a thermometer reads 170°, 18-20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, dissolve bouillon in hot water. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in bouillon and wine or broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.
1 wellington: 697 calories, 45g fat (20g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 956mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.