- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each medium green, yellow and sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, garlic, cornstarch, ginger and cayenne pepper. Add chicken; stir to coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium. Add peppers and water; cook and stir for 5-8 minutes or until peppers are tender.
1 cup: 200 calories, 7g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.