Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Onion and celery with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, cooked until crisp-tender
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a skillet, place chicken, onion, celery, water to cover and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender. Drain and discard liquid. Combine chopped onion, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and soup. Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with asparagus, then chicken and remaining soup mixture. Bake at 350°, covered, for 25 minutes or until heated through. Combine cream and mayonnaise. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Brown lightly under broiler. Serve immediately.