- 10 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cream; cook, covered, until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drain fettuccine and return to pan. Add sauce; toss to coat.
Test Kitchen tips
1 cup: 443 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.