- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Optional: Raisins or semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup each)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg, honey and vanilla. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, Rice Krispies, nuts and, if desired, raisins or chocolate chips.
- Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Bake until light brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Next time you're at the store, pick up a few boxes of bars from the best healthy granola bar brands on the market. Then you'll have the tasty snack you crave when you don't have time to make a batch.
1 bar: 160 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.