Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in the egg, cherry and lemon juices, and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and cherries.
- Shape into four 12-in. rolls; securely wrap each in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 66 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.