- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down; microwave on high until tender, 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly. Separate strands with a fork.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve drippings.
- In same pan, heat drippings over medium heat; stir in butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Add squash; toss and heat through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Top with bacon.
Microwave-1,100 wattThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
1-1/4 cups: 312 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.