- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place a 10-in. cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. In the skillet, saute onion and jalapeno in butter until tender. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Stir in cheese and chives; cook and stir until eggs are completely set.
Peppers (Hot)Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
2/3 cup: 217 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 446mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.