Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, caraway seeds and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 6-8 times. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet; pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Bake until golden brown, 17-22 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
1 each: 197 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate, 1g fiber), 5g protein.