- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, milk and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium. Do not stir. Cook for 3-6 minutes or until bubbles form in center and syrup turns amber in color. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until frosting achieves spreading consistency.
4 teaspoon: 118 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.