- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 small cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add blueberries; cook until heated through. Fill cantaloupe with ice cream; top with sauce. Garnish with mint if desired.
1 each: 337 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.