- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 envelope instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) blueberry pie filling
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag, optional
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 12-16 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine biscuit mix and oatmeal. Add butter; squeeze bag until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add milk; knead to form a soft dough. Spread into a greased ovenproof Dutch oven. Combine pie filling and apple juice; pour over dough.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of 6-8 of them. Using long-handled tongs, place 6-8 briquettes on pan cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift cover. If necessary, cook 5 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream if desired.
3/4 cup: 577 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 113g carbohydrate (82g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein.