- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in cream.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Serve warm over ice cream.
2 tablespoons: 204 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.