Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 24 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in tomatoes, onion and 2 tablespoons basil.
- Spread cream cheese over bread slices; place slices on greased baking sheets. Top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional basil.
1 appetizer: 127 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.