- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup vermouth or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add the scallops, parsley and basil; cook and stir over medium heat until scallops are firm and opaque. Add the vermouth or broth, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Divide mixture evenly between 2 ovenproof 1-1/2-cup dishes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until scallops are firm and opaque and bread crumbs are golden brown.
5 ounces: 296 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.