- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) fine egg noodles
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 pound Velveeta, cubed
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in butter until tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add noodles; reduce heat and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in broccoli and garlic; cook for 4 minutes. Add milk and cheese. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
1 cup: 238 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.