- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, soups and rice; transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and french-fried onions; bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
Freeze option: Sprinkle cheese and french-fried onions over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.
1 cup: 344 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.