- 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in skillet, saute minced garlic in oil until tender. Add broccoli; saute for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, thyme, pepper and salt if desired; saute for 2-3 minutes. Drain the noodles and add to the broccoli mixture. Stir gently over low heat until heated through.
3/4 cup: 188 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.