- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a saucepan, combine eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until custard is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla, zest and nutmeg. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff. Fold two-thirds into the custard. Layer custard and blueberries in parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining cream. Chill for 1 hour.
1 each: 294 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.