- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tortilla chips and minced fresh chives, optional
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook and stir the chicken, peppers and onion in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the water, corn, rice, enchilada sauce, chiles and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted. Serve with chips and chives if desired.
1-1/3 cups: 477 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.