- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook manicotti according to package directions; drain. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, oregano and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cheese; stir until melted.
- Stuff half meat mixture into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon remaining meat mixture over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
1 cup: 533 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1264mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 40g protein.