Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half; butter both halves and place on baking sheets. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in sour cream. Spoon onto the bread. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green pepper and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted (bake longer for crispier bread).
1 piece: 573 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.