- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place meat on broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat is browned and cooked to desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the blue cheese and butter; set aside. In a skillet, saute bread cubes in oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top steaks with blue cheese mixture and sprinkle with croutons; broil 1 minute longer or until cheese is slightly melted.
Health tip: Serving size counts when considering nutrition information. Eight-ounce steaks are generous, as is the amount of blue cheese topping. Make this recipe work for you by using four- or six-ounce steaks and just half of the topping mixture instead.
1 steak: 686 calories, 42g fat (20g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 58g protein.