- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top round steak or top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in skillet, brown beef on all sides. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add onion, peppers and broth; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into broth. Cook and stir until gravy is thick and shiny. Add seasonings. Serve over hot cooked rice.
1 cup: 298 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.