Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3/4 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 3/4 pound boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large shallow dish, combine the limeade concentrate, oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; add pork. Turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Stir in remaining cilantro; keep warm. Drain pork, discarding marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute pork for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese off-center on each tortilla. Layer each with about 1/2 cup pork and 1/4 cup salsa; top with 1/2 cup rice mixture, 1/4 cup black beans and 2 tablespoons sour cream. Fold sides and ends over filling. Serve with remaining salsa.
1 burrito: 481 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1178mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.