- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven at 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in the bananas, coconut and pineapple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in airtight containers. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high until heated through, 20-30 seconds.
1 muffin: 294 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.