- 8 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 small lemon
- 1 envelope instant apples and cinnamon oatmeal
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Dried banana chips, optional
- Place the apples, banana and raisins in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, brown sugar, honey, butter and pie spice; pour over apple mixture. Cut ends off lemon. Cut into 6 wedges and remove seeds. Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until apples are soft.
- Discard lemon. Mash apple mixture. In a small bowl, combine oatmeal and water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir into applesauce. If desired, top with dried banana chips.
1/2 cup: 217 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.