- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped and divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced dill pickles
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and 1 cup onion, crumbling meat, until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, process cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until cheese is melted, 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. or 3-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Top with tomatoes, pickles and remaining onion.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 479 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1144mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
- Mar 5, 2021
This is my daughter’s favorite casserole, partially because she loves to help! I agree with cutting the bacon portion in half, especially since the Velveeta is so salty. We did the same as other commenters in putting the pickles, tomato, and onion in serving dishes on the table, as well as shredded lettuce for the top. My husband eats the leftovers with a fried egg on top the next morning!
- Jul 19, 2020
It really does taste like you are eating a cheeseburger. Followed this recipe as written and wouldn’t change anything. Great recipe and my family loves this!
- Feb 12, 2020
- Jun 30, 2019
Great flavor but as the other reviewers were saying, I would reduce the amount of bacon used. My family loved this though
- Jul 10, 2018
The dill pickles made this! I would use half as much bacon.
- Jul 7, 2018
decent; I found the bacon to be a bit overpowering so would reduce the bacon, perhaps by as much as half and cook the bacon only until just browned, not overly crisp.
- Jun 19, 2018
Really nice flavor. As other reviewers have noted, it is a little salty, but otherwise really good. Will definitely make this again
- Jun 17, 2018
I love this dish! Meat was flavorful and tater tots were crispy. A tad on the salty side, so I caution seasoning with additional salt.
- Jan 9, 2018
No comment left
- Jan 7, 2018
I loved it!