- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place fillets in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the wine, onions, brown sugar, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic and lemon-pepper. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
1 each: 158 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.