- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown patties 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add the pineapple, juice, green pepper and onions; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, water, brown sugar and cornstarch. Add to pineapple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with rice.
1 each: 455 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.