Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
1 piece: 225 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.