- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe baking dish. Add 1/2 in. of water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-13 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- Combine the apple, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into squash cavities. Dot with butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until squash and apples are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1 each: 207 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.