- 2-1/4 cups matzo cake meal, divided
- 4 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Dust a greased 13x9-in. baking dish 1/4 cup matzo meal; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In another large bowl, beat eggs until slightly thickened. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in oil and water. Combine potato starch and remaining matzo meal; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Top with apples and remaining batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, top with whipped cream.
1 slice: 294 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.