- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 8 ounces frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces frozen raspberries
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat waffle maker. Mix first 7 ingredients in order listed just until smooth. Bake waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine water, sugar, cornstarch and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat; cool. Stir in berries. Serve warm over waffles; if desired, add vanilla ice cream.
BlueberriesIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
1 serving: 382 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.