- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 pounds peaches, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Place raisins with liquid in a large saucepan. Add peaches and orange zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Stir in orange and lemon juices; return to a boil. Add sugar. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add pecans; cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into five hot sterilized half-pint jars. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
2 tablespoons: 102 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.