- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pear nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine pears and apples. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, pear nectar and extract; stir until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Drizzle over pear mixture and stir gently to coat. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in almonds. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
1 each: 247 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.