- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Honey mustard, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt and sherry; gradually stir in egg whites. Place almonds in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then coat with almonds.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken strips in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. Serve with honey mustard for dipping if desired.
4 piece: 432 calories, 27g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.