- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon each ground mustard, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 whole chicken wings (2-1/2 pounds)
- Optional: ranch salad dressing, Buffalo sauce or barbecue sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 300°. In a large bowl, combine the garlic powder, garlic salt, mustard, ginger, nutmeg, pepper, allspice, baking soda and cayenne.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Add to bowl with spices and stir to coat. In batches, arrange wings in a single layer on tray in greased air-fryer basket. Cook 15 minutes. Increase temperature to 400°; cook until chicken juices run clear and wings are golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Repeat with remaining wings. Serve hot with sauce if desired.
Air-Fryer Chicken Wings Tips
What is the best air fryer?Finding the best air fryer to use for recipes like these crispy chicken wings can be tricky. That's why we've done the work for you: Check out our Test Kitchen's picks for the best air fryers.
Should you use fresh or frozen wings for air-fryer chicken wings?For this air-fryer chicken wing recipe, we recommend using fresh chicken. If you've already stocked up on frozen wings, follow these cooking instructions for cooking frozen food in an air fryer.
What should you serve with air-fryer chicken wings?These crispy chicken wings pair well with many dishes! Serve them with a homemade blue cheese dressing or ranch and celery sticks. Or set them out alongside another tasty side dish like macaroni and cheese.
—Research contributed by Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor
1 piece: 54 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.