- 3 small acorn squash
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute celery and onions in oil until tender. Add the spinach and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans and remaining salt. Drain water from baking pan. Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with spinach mixture; sprinkle crumb mixture over top. Dot with butter. Bake 15 minutes longer or until the squash is tender.
1 each: 189 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.