Join Our Taste of Home Community Cooks!
Come cook with us!
At Taste of Home, we believe home cooks are the best cooks, and our Community Cooks are simply the best of the best. The members of this vibrant community are the creators of many of the inspired recipes at the heart of Taste of Home that are treasured by cooks across the globe. And the good news is there’s always room for more!
Welcome to our Community Cooks program. If you’re someone who loves whipping up fresh, exciting flavors, creating knockout party menus for family and friends, sharing pictures and videos of your latest kitchen triumphs, and baking every variety of cookie under the sun, you have found your people. To join us, all you need to do is read our list of benefits and asks and fill out the application at the bottom of this page.
Perks for Community Cooks
Here are the benefits of being a Community Cook.
- We are proud of our Community Cooks and will shout it from the rooftops! Recipes and tips, photos, videos and other fun content from Community Cooks will be featured across the brand, both in print and digitally.
- We’ll share inspiration from our Community Cooks across our social media channels—with an audience of nearly 10 million—including promotion on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. Bonus! Community Cooks may be asked for additional social content, such as creation of an Instagram Story.
- You will receive a free print subscription to Taste of Home magazine.
- You will receive a discount on ShopTasteofHome.com.
- Don’t worry—Community Cooks are still eligible to win our contests, prizes and products.
- And coming soon! We are working on modifications to our website to call out your special status as a Community Cook. You will be able to create a profile on our website with links to your own blog, website and/or social media. Stay tuned for more!
- You may have the opportunity to represent Taste of Home in media appearances in your market.
- You may be offered the opportunity to review Taste of Home books, kitchen products, special issues and other branded goodies, and receive Taste of Home products that you can give away on your blog or social media.
- Got a writing background? We may reach out to you with writing opportunities for Taste of Home.
- As an active Community Cook, you may be selected to participate in sponsored articles, videos or social promotions in conjunction with advertisers in which you’ll receive compensation for participating.
Responsibilities of Community Cooks
Here’s what we’d like you to do as a Community Cook.
- Submit a minimum of six original, unique and totally delicious recipes to Taste of Home each year. Contest submissions count and remember that Community Cooks are eligible to win contest prizes! (Note: Being a member of our community does not guarantee preferential treatment in the contests.)
- Participate actively in our community on TasteofHome.com. Rate, review and offer helpful advice or tips on a minimum of 36 recipes per year. Welcome and encourage your new friends! Help them learn their way around.
- Share your opinions and reviews on all sorts of products—food, kitchen gadgets, small appliances, serving ware, etc.—and styles of cooking. Your opinions and reviews will help inform and shape the topics we cover.
- Follow Taste of Home on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and/or Twitter and please repost, reshare, retweet or pin our recipes and articles. We’d also love your help answering the tons of questions we get every day about cooking, baking and our recipes. Let your expertise shine!
- Share your Taste of Home pride with your friends! Please post about Taste of Home on social media twice each month. You can call out your favorite recipes and articles by linking to Taste of Home on Facebook, tag @tasteofhome on an Instagram Story, spread the word with #TOHCommunityCooks on Twitter and so much more. Posts can drive to your recipes, other Taste of Home content or contest promotions.
- If you have a blog or website, post about a favorite Taste of Home recipe or contest once a month and feature two of our products (such as the magazine, Special Delivery Box, special issues, cookware/bakeware and cookbooks) each year.
- In addition, if you are an expert at making your home-baked cake look picture-perfect or you are a whiz at quick home-cooking videos, we’d love to see your stuff! We may share your photos and videos and may even ask you to create something special for us.
- Finally—encourage your friends and family to join us! The more, the merrier around our big table.
How to Apply
To get started, simply fill out our easy-peasy application. We review all applications and if you’re a fit, we’ll reach out as soon as possible.