How to Use a Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker for the Most Magical Breakfast Ever
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
Oh boy! Mornings just got a little sweeter. We’ll show you how to use a Mickey Mouse waffle maker to bring Disney magic to the breakfast table.
Few days are as magical as those spent at Disney. And while we’re big fans of the parks’ unique treats (looking at you, Dole Whip!), there’s something equally special about the simpler eats, too. Today, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about mixing up a beloved breakfast staple: Mickey Mouse waffles.
What’s So Special About a Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker?
Before you dig into a buttery, syrupy delight, you’ll need to procure the right appliance. A Mickey Mouse waffle maker is necessary for making the shaped sweets. While there are a variety of options on the market, we recommend the double-flip version. It bakes six perfect waffles at a time, and the small shape is ideal for even the youngest Mouseketeers.
How to Make Mickey Mouse Waffles
Since the shape is the main attraction, feel free to use your favorite waffle recipe inside the Mickey Mouse waffle maker. We opted for our Test Kitchen’s Easy Morning Waffles. They’re light, fluffy and perfectly seasoned with cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, separated, room temperature
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Tools You’ll Need
- The star of the show! This Mickey Mouse waffle maker is what makes the magic happen. It turns an everyday breakfast into an experience. We recommend the double-flip version for cooking six waffles at a time.
- You could beat egg whites by hand, but a nifty KitchenAid hand mixer gets the job done in record time.
- A trusty spatula is necessary for folding the waffle batter together. Plus, the adorable Mickey Mouse detail fits the theme!
- When making waffles, you need to measure the dry ingredients, wet ingredients and egg whites in separate bowls. This set of three KitchenAid mixing bowls ensures you have plenty of space to mix the batter.
Step 1: Mix up your batter
Start by making your waffle batter. If you opted for a mix, follow the directions on the package.
If you’re trying the recipe above, start by combining the flour, brown sugar, baking powder salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, oil and vanilla. Combine the dry and wet ingredients, just until moistened. (It’s OK if you see a few lumps). Then, using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold them into your batter with a spatula and get ready to bake some waffles!
Step 2: Heat the waffle maker
Plug in your Mickey Mouse waffle maker and flip the switch to the “on” position. Then, turn the browning control dial to the desired temperature. (We love that this appliance gives you control over how light or crisp your waffles will be). When the waffle maker is ready, it will beep six times and the indicator lights will turn on.
Step 3: Fill and flip
Here comes the fun part: Pull the cook plate’s locking latch towards you, then lift up the lid. Pour batter into the center of each Mickey face, letting it spread out towards the ears. (We found that roughly 1/4 of a cup of batter works well). Close the lid, then re-engage the locking latch. Rotate the waffle maker 180 degrees, then repeat on the bottom plate.
Step 4: Enjoy!
When your waffles are ready, the maker will beep three times and the indicator light will turn back on. Unlock the maker, lift the lid and carefully remove your waffles. Serve with butter and maple syrup. Or, try these amazing waffle topping ideas.
Making Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker FAQs
Take your waffles to the next level with these genius tips, tricks, product suggestions and more.
How long do you cook a waffle in a Mickey Mouse waffle maker?
Expect to wait three to five minutes for your Mickey Mouse waffles to cook. This timing depends on the browning level you selected, as well as your waffle recipe.
What brand waffle mix does Disney use?
Rumor has it that Carbon’s Golden Malted Pancake & Waffle Flour Mix is the same blend that they use in Disney parks! This easy-to-use mix requires just three ingredients: egg, water and melted butter.
How to Make the Waffles Your Own
You can use any number of batter recipes in this Mickey Mouse waffle maker. Give these fun twists a try!
- On your kiddo’s big day, try these Birthday Cake Waffles flavored with cake mix and sprinkles.
- Feeling like fall? These Apple Spice Waffles are sure to be a hit.
- Picture yourself at Disney’s Aulani resort with these Hawaiian Waffles.
- Craving something savory instead of sweet? Try these Savory Mustard Chicken and Stuffing Waffles.
How Do You Make Mickey Pancakes?
More Disney Waffle Makers
Want more character fun? Try these waffle makers inspired by Star Wars, Frozen and more.
Want more fun product picks and money-saving deals from our shopping experts and Test Kitchen? Sign up for the Stuff We Love newsletter.